4

Review | No Weddings by Kat & Stone Bastion

Sunday, October 12, 2014


"Love is a complete and utter disaster. But even with all the heartache, we have to believe there is joy. I need to believe there is one person somewhere out there, meant for us, who will bring us some kind of happiness."

I think I have my act together as a successful bar owner, my master’s degree within reach, and a list of no-strings-attached women warming my bed. Turns out, I don’t.

Hannah believes she has safeguarded her wounded heart by shunning men and focusing on her new baking business. The thing is, she hasn’t.

When my three sisters and I form an event-planning business with Hannah as our baker, I have no idea how my life is about to change. As Hannah and I work closely together, the attraction between us becomes irresistible. And complicated. I’ve promised my sisters I wouldn’t mix business with pleasure. But I’ve never been one to follow the rules.

Overview from Goodreads

See No Weddings (No Weddings #1) by Kat with Stone Bastion in:


ARC received via Netgalley in exchange of an honest review but it didn’t affect my opinion about this book.

This book was foreplay.

Flirty, witty, and sexy without the sex, No Weddings was certainly a very fun read. This book proved that sex wasn't needed to make things scorching hot. It's all about the chemistry of the characters.

Hannah and Cade were just so cute together.
She shook her head hard. “Uh-uh. We do the crime together? We do the time together.”
I ruffled her hair. “Thanks for the solidarity, Bonnie.”
“Anytime, Clyde.”
I especially liked Cade. The story was narrated from his point of view. Well, he did have the usual characteristics of most heroes in a contemporary romance had. Rich, handsome, womanizer but what set him apart from most guys was his personality. Whenever he was with his three sisters (he was the unico hijo) and how he comforted Hanna was just really sweet.
“Be a phoenix with me. From the ash at our feet, let’s rise up, reborn.”
Most people probably would be annoyed because of the extremely slow progress of their relationship but it worked just fine with me because it was realistic.

They're together but they're actually not. And I liked the build up.

I found that refreshing since I somewhat got tired with the usual flow of love stories. MCs meet, they feel attracted to each other, then they jump into the relationship. Only then will they deal with their past and stuff thus the conflict (and me usually facepalming).

No Weddings was different. Both Cade and Hannah had their demons and even if the attraction between them was undeniable (to the point that I would have shoved their faces together so they could finally kiss) they were mature enough to realize that jumping into a relationship in the state that they were in wouldn't be a good move. So they decided to deal with it together.
"We will take this as slow as we need to, until each step of the way we feel confident enough to take another."
This book wasn't all about romance alone. It was also all about how two people who had similar painful pasts found solace with each other and how they gradually find the courage to risk falling in love once again.

You Might Also Like

0 comments