book meme

That's What He Said Thursday | April 23, 2015

Thursday, April 23, 2015

 That's What He Said Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Chapter Break where you post a your favorite swoon-worthy line your favorite hero said to his heroine.











QUOTE OF THE WEEK:


He squinted at me. “You promised.”
“Under duress.”
“I wasn’t holding a gun to your head.”
“No, just holding yourself to my body. That’s quite enough to put me in a state of duress.”
“My body places you in a state of duress?” Something wicked sparked behind his eyes.
“Of course. Of course it does. What a ridiculous question. Your body causes distress, disquiet, desolation, and puts me in a state of duress.”
He grinned, sitting up in the bed like he planned to stand up. “Maybe I’ll use it now.”
Attraction by Penny Reid

I know I'm supposed to put a single quote here but I just couldn't help it. I really find this part cute because it's rare for the hero to be really playful when it comes to other people. He only shows this side with the heroine alone and I think that's very swoon-worthy.  

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. That is a cute interaction! I love when the closed-off guys open up and get all playful. Like you said, those rare moments are just to precious sometimes.
    Awesome choice!

    Melissa @ The Reader and the Chef

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know right. And I like the heroine too because she's too honest when it comes to him. ;)

      Delete
  2. I like it! I'll have to add this one to my TBR pile. ~ Bel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really nice story! I hope you'll end up loving it as much as I do. :)

      Delete
  3. That a really sexy interaction , haha. I

    ~monsterofbooks.blogspot.com~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they're really sexy and cute together.

      Delete
  4. Such fun banter between the characters! Great quote, thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete