book meme

Teaser Tuesdays | May 19, 2015

Tuesday, May 19, 2015


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!




MY TEASERS: 

We fly in each other’s arms in the rain over a smoldering hell.
 — End of Days by Susan Ee

I rarely read YA dystopian novels. If I do, it's because my friends who have the same tastes as I or knows me recommend them to me. A lot of my friends raved about this series and I thought, “Hey, why not? Let's give it a try.” Suffice to say, Penryn and the End of Days has become one of my favorite YA books of all time.

For a YA dystopian novel, there wasn't much romance which I found good because when your race is on the verge of being completely annihilated by angels, kissing and the romantic stuff can wait. This series was terrifying because of how graphic everything was and the heroine wasn't annoying at all. Add her banter with the sexy af archangel, everything was perfect.

I've been waiting for this book for months already only to end up disappointed. In the final book, for some unknown reason, the main characters suddenly have trouble controlling their sexual urges. In the first two books, the characters rarely interact romantically but now they kiss a lot even in the middle of saving people. It felt like the romantic elements in the story were crammed in here to the point that it sometimes annoyed because they were still trying to save the world.

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. I really like your teaser! I've been hearing a lot about this book lately and, although I'm like you with YA dystopian novels, I'm pretty sure I'll end up reading it at some point.

    Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope you'll read it. It's very good, well, save for the romance thing but it's kind of understandable since it's the last book already.

      And you're welcome! :)

      Delete
  2. I like your teaser and your comments. I've been seeing this one around a lot lately it seems. Almost sounds like the writer was throwing in so much romance in the last book to make up for the lack there of in the previous books. My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, this is a very popular YA series right now and I agree with you. It seemed like a way to make up for the lack of romance in the previous books but it would've been better if it was equally that way throughout the series so that readers wouldn't find it very unusual.

      Delete
  3. That's some intriguing imagery all in one sentence! Love it! Thanks for sharing.

    Here's my Teaser!

    Wendy Lohr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is intriguing and you're welcome! :)

      Delete
  4. I just put this series on my reading list. I am so excited to start it! Great teaser. :)
    Lovely blog by the way.
    New Bloglovin follower

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll end up loving it!

      And thank you so much!

      Delete
  5. Nice imagery. I have never read anything in this genre before. i may look into this one. Here is mine
    http://totallyaddictedtoreading.blogspot.com/2015/05/teaser-13.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it if you're in the mood for some dystopian themed books. :)

      Delete
  6. The romance was a bit exaggerated in some parts, but I was able to oversee this minor flaw in light of the epic battle scenes. I really enjoyed the finale, but I want more! Love your thoughts :)

    Claudia @ My Soul Called Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that spooning part was so ridiculous for me. LOL. But I agree with you. The fighting scenes were awesome and I almost cried because of Beliel. :(

      Delete
  7. I can't resist anymore. Going to get started on this series immediately. LOL

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/05/19/teaser-tuesdays-115-joshua-and-the-lightning-road-my-review/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely read it! I hope you'll end up liking it as much as I do. :)

      Delete