book meme

Teaser Tuesdays | May 26, 2015

Tuesday, May 26, 2015


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!




MY TEASER: 

Xang focused on his knife, the blade so clear and bright he could see his own reflection in the steel. His father’s eyes stared back at him, demanding vengeance . Retribution. Starting with this.

“I’m going to let her know exactly what I think of that,” he said to his prisoner before bending down and reaching for Brandon’s bound hands.
 — Marked by Kaylea Cross


You know, Brandon wouldn't be facing this dilemma if only he respected his sister's privacy. I mean, who lets other people touch their sibling's laptop? Especially when you know that she uses that laptop for work-related stuff. It might seem like a small matter at first, but look where it got him now. Poor Brandon is going to learn his lesson the hard way.

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Great Teaser. Here is mine
    http://totallyaddictedtoreading.blogspot.com/2015/05/teaser-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting teaser! What did she have on her laptop? My teaser this week comes from the latest in a science fiction series I adore - Dragon in Exile by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious about what's on that laptop!
    My Tuesday post features Nobody’s Cuter Than You.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, somehow I couldn't bring the teaser and laptops together at all xD I don't know why but I thought this was set in old-ey times! It sounds exciting though and I definitely would like to read more. Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great week and that I see you at ABEA!
    My Tuesday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much intensity in this teaser, I'm with everyone here, what's in the laptop!? Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Brandon's sister's laptop contained some information that might help the terrorist in their plans to bomb some buildings. Brandon here showed so much trust with that guy Xang that he allowed him to snoop around his laptop which allowed him to steal the info even though his sister constantly warned him about how suspicious his friend was. One thing led to another and now Brandon ended up like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser, Rin, you definitely got me very curious about this story :) I hope you've had a great week.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete