book meme

Feature And Follow Friday | June 12, 2015

Friday, June 12, 2015


Question of the Week:

If you can step into one characters shoes (in a book) and be them for a day who would it be and why? Also if you want to be creative what scene?

- Suggested by Seeing Night Book Reviews


This is easy. If that were to happen, I'd like to step into Sascha Duncan's shoes. She's the heroine of the first book in Nalini Singh's Psy Changeling Series, Slave to Sensation.

In Singh's universe, the world is divided into three races: human, changeling and Psy. I'm pretty sure the first two are self-explanatory and Psys are basically like humans except they have unique minds. They could be telepaths, telekinetics, foreseers, etc. But despite their wonderful minds, Psys also have the largest case of insanity among the three races. More than a century ago, they decided to eradicate their emotions, thinking that if you didn't feel anything then you wouldn't have any motive to kill someone. Now, Psys are known not to feel, the only time they remember being touched is when they were children or when they have medical check ups.

See, Sascha is Psy and add to that, she's an empath. In a race where emotion is purged, a mind-healer who naturally has to embrace emotion like Sascha has been told that she is broken by her trainers.

I'd like to know what it is like for me to hug someone for the first time. How the flavors of normal food feels for the first time in my tongue. (Psy only eat bland nutritional bars with calculated calories.) I want to personally know how it feels to know that all this time I am not what people told me to be. I want to feel how to be emotionally and psychically linked to someone.

But if asked what particular scene do I want to experience as her character in just one day, then it would be that time when she gave birth to her daughter. Before the labor, Sascha already maintained a psychic connection with her child. She knew that her child was scared and angry when she was having contractions. She was also the one who coaxed her baby to finally come out to the world. I think that would be the coolest thing in the world. 

If you'd like to follow me via Google Friend Connect, here's the link. Though, I'd prefer it if you follow me via RSS feeds because that's how I follow everyone too and I use Feedly and I have a notification thingy on my browser (which makes it easier to read several blogs). But it's up to you, really. :)

Please leave me a comment if you decided to follow me so I could follow you back.

See you next week!

You Might Also Like

0 comments