feature and follow friday

Feature and Follow Friday | June 5, 2015

Friday, June 05, 2015


Question of the Week:

How would you pitch to the biz to make your favorite book into a movie?

- Suggested by Girl of 1000 Wonders

I WON'T! As much as I'd like to see my favorite books in the big screen, they tend to change things up and sometimes the movie ends up different from the book. If I was asked to pitch, I'd deliberately stutter in front of them and subtly discourage them from making it into a movie. It's selfish, I know, but I don't want them to create something different from my favorite book. 

Unless, the author is actively a part in the film-making process and they assured the author then nothing would change then maybe I'd do my best to let them know how great the book is and state my reasons why they have to make it a movie.

If you'd like to follow me via Google Friend Connect, here's the link. Though, I'd prefer it if you follow me via RSS feeds because that's how I follow everyone too and I use Feedly and I have a notification thingy on my browser (which makes it easier to read several blogs). But it's up to you, really. :)

Please leave me a comment if you decided to follow me so I could follow you back.

See you next week!

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Love your layout! I can't stop looking at it lol. New RSS follower + Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your sentiments Rin, there have been a plethora of book-turned-movie adaptations that have tragically failed to meet the mark. What do you think about The Hunger Games film adaptations? I have to say, I think this is the only series that has been remotely close to nailing it :P

    New follower <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read any books from the Hunger Gamesh so I couldn't compare. My cousin who has read all the books said that the books were way better than the movie. :)

      Delete
    2. They truly are! And to be frank, they did remove a lot of the essential elements that made the series so freaking good! Have you read The Fault in Our Stars? I thought that was another book turned movie that did well :)

      Have a fabulous weekend Rin!

      Delete
  3. Very well said! My FF: http://bookstopcorner.blogspot.in/2015/06/feature-follow-13-pitching-in-for-your.html

    Old Follower

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Thanks for visiting my blog. Followed back via Blogger and Bloglovin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is beautiful, and I love your answer to the question this week. I’m a new Bloglovin’ follower.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love your blog it is so beautiful.

    Anyway I love your answer and I agree with you 100%

    New Follower Tina, The Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) As much as possible, I prefer my favorite books to be unknown to the execs. I'd recommend them as much as I could, but to turn them into a movie? Nuh-uh.

      Delete
  7. I agree. Movie adaptations have been really bad lately. Getting a really good adaptation is rare.

    Check out my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you in that most movies mess something up when converted from books. I still get really excited when my favorite books become movies though. I always wish for that with my fave books but i know I'll just complain and nitpick if it happens.

    Cayt @ Vicarious Caytastrophe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR! There's that part of you that wants to see your fave books in the big screen even when you know that they wouldn't follow the books. You know it's not that good but you still watch it, hoping they would get it right. ><

      Delete