3

Review | One Funeral by Kat & Stone Bastion

Tuesday, December 09, 2014


“You’re the best thing I’ve ever waited for.”

The stakes climb higher in this second book in the No Weddings Series for Hannah Martin, a woman restrained by her past, and Cade Michaelson, the man who could help set her free.

I’m drawn to Cade as he charms his way into more of my life and offers me something I truly haven’t ever had: a friend. Yet his humor, patience, and drop-dead sexiness take my breath away, and I know my heart is at risk. I want to move forward but am terrified I can’t.

Cade seems to have it together from his own devastating heartache. His subtle actions, however, suggest a different story. And even though he says he wants more, I wonder if he’s able to trust in our developing relationship.

As we navigate through our tangled feelings, we vow to take it slow. Yet no matter how careful we try to be, things between us intensify—and there’s nothing we can do, or want to do, to stop it.

But the biggest question remains: Is chemistry enough to move beyond the past and toward a future together?

Overview from Goodreads

See One Funeral (No Weddings #2) by Kat with Stone Bastion in:




ARC received via Netgalley in exchange of an honest review but it didn’t affect my opinion about this book.

One Funeral continues where No Weddings left off. This time, it was told in Hannah's POV.

This time, Cade and Hannah decided to 'non-date,' they were together but not officially since they're not yet prepared to take the relationship step yet. Hannah and Cade face their demons with professional help while they're also knowing more about each other.

I admired them that they actually went for a therapist for that. It just showed how determined they were to make their future relationship work.

I have to admit though that the pace of this book was slower than the first one and at some point, it got hard to finish because it was dragged. And I didn't feel that connected with Hannah probably because she felt distant to me or the progress was just slow. Not really sure.

Also, I would've loved to know what happened with Cade's sessions with the therapist though.

I also found that funeral celebration really bizarre, like people really do that kind of stuff? And when Cade talked like a sports commentator during their first time, what the heck.

This book would've been perfect for me if the pace was set a little faster because I found myself bored halfway. And I found the cliffhanger really annoying but clever. Good thing I had the next book in queue or I would've lost my mind.

You Might Also Like

0 comments