5

Review | Two Bar Mitzvahs by Kat & Stone Bastion

Tuesday, December 09, 2014


"The man who fell in love with you wants to fight for us, not for selfish reasons, but for you. If you’ll give me another chance, if you understand sometimes I’m an idiot and slap me upside the head, I will fight to be worthy of you."


Summer heats up in this third book in the No Weddings Series, where Cade Michaelson strives to balance his and Hannah Martin’s new relationship with the growing demands of his financial success.

Waiting for Hannah has been the best and worst kind of torture. Now I can claim her as mine. We believe we’re done with the past and can move forward together.

Hannah grows stronger than ever as she trusts in me—trusts in us. And when obstacles appear, she shows a surprising fierceness that rivals my own.

However, all is not perfect in paradise. Things get chaotic while I try to juggle multiple businesses, an ex from hell, and a girlfriend I’d do anything to keep. And in the middle of the whirlwind, I recklessly think I can handle everything.

But when all the madness is over, will I have everything I want—will I still have Hannah?

Overview from Goodreads

See Two Bar Mitzvahs (No Weddings #3) by Kat with Stone Bastion in:




ARC received via Netgalley in exchange of an honest review but it didn’t affect my opinion about this book.

The No Weddings Series is back with Cade narrating again. Ah, yes. I really love it when we get to be inside Cade's head.

The floodgates have opened. Hannah and Cade are officially together but there are still troubles in paradise. Cade is trying to balance his time between his new relationship with Hannah along and his booming business. Add to that, there's also an ex on the loose determined to sabotage what they have.

This time it's all about how the characters deal with the changes brought on by their new relationship.

I like Hannah better here because she's really optimistic about their relationship to the point that it rivals Cade's. It was nice that she is because she has always been doubtful that their relationship will succeed and Cade always assured her that it would work. I've been worried about Hannah's pessimism in them because it might tire Cade out to keep on encouraging her.

“We have to talk more. I need you to know what we need to talk about. In fact, don’t decide what is and isn’t important to share with me, it all is—from the mundane to the shocking. If something upsets you? Tell me. Make me a part of your life in such a deep way that I don’t feel separate from it. I don’t ever want to feel like you’re keeping things from me again, even if it’s unintentional.”

She's really positive about everything now and she trusts Cade.

Now the ball is on Cade's court. Aside from getting annoyed with his ex from hell, I also wanted to slap some sense in Cade's mind. He has the tendency to try to handle everything and refuses help from anyone else. Perhaps it's because of the businessman in him or he was just not in a relationship for so long that he forgets to do little things like sharing and stuff.

This book also taught me that little things left unsaid might cause big problems. Case in point, again, Cade trying to handle things which led him to not share things with Hannah.

When they had an almost falling out, I was like, "Oh, no. Is this for real?" It was really unexpected because I expected that to happen on the next book. And for once, the pace was finally "normal." Let's face it, the story was slow, even for me.

This is probably the best book in this series yet because it really reflects what the series tackles. While other novels out there are all about how two characters met and found love, the series not only shows how they started but also answers the "what happened then" question.

I would like to say that this is the peak of their relationship, but I can't say that since there's still a fourth book in my queue right now. Really looking forward to it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments