3.5

Review | Hate F*@k (Part One)

Saturday, March 28, 2015

I don't like Cole. But I do like his hungry gaze.
I think I like it a lot.

Warning: This is just the start. This doesn't end well. And it's going to get much worse before it ever gets better.


Cole:

I push her buttons. I want to push them in the good way. Dirty, up-against-the-wall, my-hand-in-her-pants kind of way.
But that’s not possible, because I’m dark and she’s light, and we both know it.
So I push her buttons in the bad way, making her hate me. 


Hailey:

If a genie granted me three wishes, I’d ask for Cole Parker to never look at me again, that I’d forget the dark promise in his eyes, and that just once, before he vanished from my life completely, that he’d push me up against a wall and fuck me.
Then I’d go wash my mouth out with soap.

Overview from Goodreads

See Hate F*@K Part One (Hate Fuck #1) by Ainsley Booth in:


ARC received via Netgalley in exchange of an honest review but it didn’t affect my opinion about this book.

I should've heeded the warning that was stated on the first part of the book.
Warning: This is just the start. This doesn't end well. And it's going to get much worse before it gets better.
I read this book, thinking it was one of those serial eroticas that don't have much plot and was more on sex. I didn't expect it to be like this. It caught me off guard. 

Hailey Dashford Reid tries to lead a normal life but her publicly scandalous family makes it impossible for her to do so. She's attracted to Cole Parker, a man from a group her dad hired as their security detail, despite her dislike with him. 

Cole Parker is a member of the Horus Group and knows that lusting after his client's daughter is a big fat NO. But how long will he be able to resist the forbidden fruit? 

Lame summary again. Whatevs.

Anyway, I really liked the story. Like I said, it wasn't what I expected. 
Jesus, life is too short to not laugh regularly.
I admired Hailey because despite being in a fucked-up family with attention-seeking members, she didn't allow them to drag her down and strived to be independent. 

With Cole, well, I do like him but it wasn't instantaneous even though he was the kind of guy that I would immediately put in my "men that cream your panties" category.

I was just kind of confused with him at first, you know. He was hell-bent on not allowing himself to touch Hailey but he was the one who was always aggressive and the one who initiated things, making Hailey baffled and shit.
He kisses in a way that needs consent, that makes you feel like you've been stripped bare and fucked hard. This kiss is going to leave me achey and satisfied, even though the bare part can't happen.
Another reason we can't do this—he could have me on my knees, desperate for scraps of his attention, with no effort at all.
Nevertheless, the attraction between the two main characters was almost tangible for me I felt that they might combust if they didn't actually do something about it.

I just had a few problems though. The lack of background information had been bugging me the whole time I read the book. 

Like what kind of family is the Reid family? How influential are they that Hailey's sister ended up having a scandal with the VP? Are they like the Kardashians or something?

When the I read the title, I was kind of expecting some really hard and intense and steamy fucking because it's usually how hate sex works, right?


You Might Also Like

0 comments