4

Review | Bound by Honor by Cora Reilly

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

“You’re not a good man, no. But you are good for me. I feel safe in your arms. I don’t know why, don’t even know why I love you, but I do, and that won’t change.”

At fifteen, Aria Scuderi, daughter of the Chicago Familia Consigliere, was betrothed to the New York Familia Capo di Capei’s oldest son to ensure the peace between two families as they unite to fight against the Russian Bratva and Taiwanese Triad who were claiming their territories.

Three years later, Aria marries the charismatic and good-looking Luca Vitiello who is popularly known as The Vice for crushing a man throat with his bare hands and a literal stranger to her.

With death the only means of escape, Aria steps into the marriage and leave her family that means the world to her with the intention of making Luca learn how to love her.

See Bound by Honor (Born in Blood Mafia #1) by Cora Reilly in:

“I enter alive and I will have to get out dead.”
There was a part of me that wanted to scream at her to fight and escape that world. Why couldn’t she be strong enough to go against them? But then I remember that she grew up with them and knew what they were capable of. Considering that their father didn't hesitate raising his hand once his children did something to upset him, Aria knew they wouldn't hesitate to torture her, if not kill her, once she went against them. And she had a very vital role for them. The road she took certainly told me that she knew which fights to take and that proved that she was a very courageous heroine. 

“You shouldn’t love me, Aria. I’m not someone who should be loved. People fear me, they hate me, they respect me, they admire me, but they don’t love me. I’m a killer. I’m good at killing. Better probably than at anything else, and I don’t regret it. Fuck, sometimes I even enjoy it. That’s a man you want to love?”

“It’s not a matter of want, Luca. It’s not like I could choose to stop loving you.”

It was very clear that Luca worshipped the ground that Aria walked on. One could expect that men like him would certainly get immediately what was due to them. Instead, he took his time and actually went slow with Aria. He even wooed her. For a man who had no qualms to kill, he was unbelievably gentle with his wife. 

This is the first book that I read from Cora Reilly and she definitely caught me in her spell. Now I'm looking forward to read the next books in the Born in Blood Chronicles!

You Might Also Like

0 comments